Just as each of us is different, the problems with erection in each man are an individual issue. Erection problems can occur in men of virtually any age, and the causes can vary greatly. We should never underestimate the first signs of erectile dysfunction, because it may not be the beginning of serious diseases. However, they are usually caused by stress, a bad diet or lack of physical activity.
Erection is the stiffening and enlargement of the penis, which is the result of increased blood flow to the penis. This is all the more important because it enables you to get closer to your partner and have sexual intercourse. If you want to enjoy erotic activity, do not underestimate any signs of erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction at a young age is most often the result of stressful situations, overwork or an unhealthy lifestyle. In the case of the elderly, it can be a signal of systemic disorders, which require consultation with a specialist.
Causes of erectile dysfunction
The most common causes of erectile dysfunction can be found:
- A bad diet – it is necessary to eliminate all unhealthy foods from the diet, including Fast Foods, which are a source of unhealthy fats and simple carbohydrates. We must also add numerous vitamins and minerals to our diet, which will improve the condition of our body. We should also remember to enrich our diet with herbs and spices, which will help us fight erectile dysfunction. Choose those in which you will find Siberian ginseng roots, Damian leaves, Brazilian juniper berries, catfish roots, or willow trees, ginkgo biloba, pumpkin seeds, as well as sabal palms.
- Excessive stress – we should, first of all, eliminate the stress factor from our lives, and if that does not help, we should seek specialist advice. Stress is often the result of exhaustion, of too many duties that we move from work to home. Let us focus on not mixing private and professional life, and perhaps some of the stress factors will disappear by themselves.
- Fatigue – we should find a balance in our daily duties, so as not to lead to physical or mental fatigue. Both are equally dangerous, because in consequence, apart from erectile dysfunction, they can lead to depression and insomnia.
- Lack of physical activity – it is the improvement of our physical condition that is important in the case of testosterone secretion, which improves libido. What is more, physical activity significantly improves the cardiovascular system of the penis, thanks to which erection proves to be much easier. Let us take care of the balance so that we don’t overdo it and push the body too much. Introduce physical activity into your lifestyle and enjoy a stronger and more lasting erection.
- Users – we must be aware that with one packet of cigarettes burned per day makes the risk of potency problems increase by up to 75%. This is the result of research. In addition, we should also avoid consuming alcoholic beverages, because they also have a significant impact on our body and cause erection problems.
- Anxiety disorders and depression – in this case, erection problems may be a result of the course of the disease or a side effect of the drugs.
- A man’s personality – men who are particularly vulnerable to sexual failure are shy, insecure and have low self-esteem.
Among the biological causes associated with erectile dysfunction are:
- Problems of a cardiological nature – in a situation where atherosclerotic plaques form in blood vessels, their diameter is decreasing and the blood has less and less space, the consequence is problems with potency.
- Cardiovascular diseases – these are diseases such as hypertension, arteriosclerosis, coronary artery disease and vascular diseases. Damaged blood vessels transport the blood to and from the penis to a lesser extent, and have difficulty keeping it there to remain stiff.
- Type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus
- Neurological diseases – diseases such as multiple sclerosis, cerebral stroke, trauma or spinal cord disease significantly reduce the transmission of impulses from the central nervous system to the penis, which reduces or prevents its erection.
- Hormonal disorders – testosterone levels decrease with age, making it difficult to achieve and maintain an erection.
Erectile dysfunctional problems are twofold, both at a young age and those arising from biological aspects. We must be aware that erectile dysfunction at a young age is less common than in older people and usually has a different background. It is mainly due to mental condition, as well as nervous and endocrine disorders. After the age of 40, the situation changes, because erectile dysfunction most often results from the natural ageing of the body, which is reduced testosterone levels. It should also not be forgotten that after the age of forty, erection problems are also influenced by systemic diseases and medicines taken. Men with diabetes, hypertension, diseases of the nervous system, diseases of the genital system, endocrine disorders, kidney failure and other diseases of the urinary system, depression and neuroses are most often affected by these problems.
Erectile dysfunction occurs when, despite the desire to have sex, a man is unable to achieve or maintain the hardness of a member. If, despite adequate sexual stimulation, a man is unable to have satisfactory intercourse, we must be aware that this may be the origin of the erection problems. We must be aware that even small changes in daily life can reduce the risk of erectile problems. We must take action ourselves to solve the problem. This may include treatment with a partner, a frank conversation with a psychologist or a change in diet and more physical activity.
Do not underestimate erectile dysfunction and do not hesitate to see a specialist, as they can be a source of serious diseases. Modern knowledge and treatment methods make your problem curable.